A selection of projects we have worked on recently. If you would like to see any of our work in person or speak to former clients for references, please contact James on 07720 542006 so he can put you in touch.
Complete refurbishment of a 1920s bungalow including window replacement, roof replacement, loft conversion, kitchen remodelling, new bathroom, full replumb and rewire, installation of woodburners, landscaping.
Refurbishment of verandah, re-roofed with cedar shingles, garage conversion, remodelling of annexe to include extra bedroom, en suite and kitchenette, installed garden lighting.
It’s hard to see it now, but before we undertook our extensive renovation works, Liloma was an old 1920s bungalow with a mixture of plastic, and dated, weathered wooden windows. There was a plastic porch at the front, the loft room was completely makeshift, the kitchen was tiny and the roof was covered in asbestos tiles
The list of works is expansive and includes,
- Remodelling and reslating the roof, to increase head room in the loft
- Converting the loft into two fully insulated bedrooms with en-suite, dorma windows and veluxes
- Adding a sizeable extension to the rear to make a large family kitchen diner and installing a bespoke made kitchen
- New windows and doors throughout
- Knocking the existing living and dining rooms together, laying a solid oak floor
- Remodelling the front of the property with oak bay windows and a balcony
- Underfloor heating throughout the ground floor, full rewire, full replumb
- Addition of two woodburners in downstairs rooms
- New bathroom and rework of bedrooms on the ground floor
- External landscaping including relevelling, building retaining walls
This was no small project and the client remained living in the property whilst we undertook the works. Whilst living in a building site can be hard going at times when, for example, there is no roof for a few days (!), we tried to minimise the impact on his daily life. He was really happy with the end result, and to see his ideas come to life.
The works at Albany Cottage were mainly external and included:
- Insulating and rendering the external walls
- A new roof, tiled with cedar shingles
- Adding a new balustrade and renovating the verandah at the front of the property
- Replacement of fascias and addition of metal Lindab guttering
- Converting the garage into a utility room and sail storage area
- Remodelling the annexe into an extra bedroom space with en-suite and kitchenette
- Installation of garden lighting
The clients are delighted with the light and airy space inside and the smart but welcoming exterior.
The project at Trevarrick Barn initially started as a bedroom and bathroom extension with a knock through. However, as this created a U-shaped area, the idea of the garden room within the space started to take shape, and the result is this beautiful green oak and glass addition to an already stunning property,
This was a major project that mainly included:
- Building a large extension plus all interior works and decorating to allow two new bedrooms and a bathroom
- Fitting the bespoke made green oak timber framing and roof trusses for the garden room
- Replacement of part of the existing roof including raising the height
- Installing underfloor heating and an engineered hardwood floor
- Repointing parts of the original stonework
- Laying a large natural slate patio outside including a built in BBQ
- Removing the garden wall then rebuilding it again to allow access
The two bedroom/ one bathroom extension was built using local materials, including stone from the local quarry, and is completely inkeeping with the original barn’s stunning stonework.